Volunteering for SDTR
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SDTR! Without the support and dedication of volunteers, SDTR would not be able to offer this invaluable service. There are many ways in which your time and efforts can benefit the success of this program. Not a "horse-person"? Not to worry! There are many ways you can help SDTR without being around horses!
How to get started
- Fill out and submit electronically the Volunteer Interest Form below.
- Or you may call us to leave a message at 302 644-1920.
- Once we receive your Interest Form, we will be in touch with you to schedule you for one of our Orientations which are conducted one Saturday a month from 10:00am to 1:00pm.
- You attend the Orientation.
After attending the Orientation, you will have the opportunity to submit an application:
- while at our facility, or
- complete it, scan and email it back to Lori or
- complete it and and drop it off at the facility or mail it to:
P.O. Box 219
Nassau, Delaware 19969
Once we receive your application we will be in touch with you about scheduling a mandatory background check that is performed by a high secruity company called Sterling Volunteers.
Once we have received the cleared background check (normally a few days), the Volunteer Coordinator, Susan Savard, will contact you to discuss in more detail your related experience and the areas of interest that you noted on your application. She will then discuss the next steps to take along wih any required training.
Visit our Resources page for more information about SDTR and our volunteering programs