Please click the link(s) below for a description and more details about work opportunties.
Southern Delaware Theraputic Riding has the following job opportunities:
Horse Care Associate
Southern Delaware Therapeutic Riding, a Premier PATH accredited program in its 35th year, is seeking an experienced, reliable team member with excellent current references.
The Horse Care Associate (HCA) will report to and assist the SDTR Program Director in overseeing all aspects of horse care & barn management for Southern Delaware Therapeutic Riding.
Hours/Week: Up to a 20 hours/week; schedule may vary depending on the needs of the
- Maintain (1) a system of records regarding the overall health of the herd, including veterinary care, farrier, service deworming, dental treatment, chiropractic care, other wellness treatments (magna wave/chiropractic), they have received; (2) a calendar indicating when routine care is due; and (3) each horse’s feeding schedule, meds, and supplement needs.
- Oversee and manage a system to enable horse care volunteers to safely and correctly feed each horse, turn them in/out, and administer meds as needed.
- Perform basic equine first aid and follow-up care as needed, either directly or through a volunteer trained and authorized to deliver such care.
- Schedule volunteer work as needed to maintain cleanliness of barn, pastures, and run-in sheds.
- Observe the horses and keep the SDTR Program Director up to date about changes in the horses’ behavior and health.
- Maintain needed amount of feed, hay, sawdust, supplements, meds, equine first aid supplies and general barn supplies, and initiate purchases of such supplies as needed.
- Arrange for pickup of feed and supplies from the sellers (e.g. Coastal Equine, Southern States in Milford)
- Communicate horse care instructions to the horse care team.
- Comply with all SDTR policies, procedures, and safety protocols.
- Find coverage for horse care based on a call list to cover any horse care shifts not filled.
- Hold horses for the farrier and wellness treatments. Receive text messages from horse care team on Saturdays and Sundays, and respond to those that need immediate response.
Social Media Coordinator
We have a terrific opportunity for an individual with a knowledge how best to use social media to benefit the marketing and fundraising of SDTR. Come join our team of dedicated volunteers as our Social Media Coordinator. This is a volunteer position.
We are looking for someone who can:
Produce social media content
Collaborate with our development team to execute a results-driven social media strategy.
Collaborate with our events and marketing teams to create a social media calendar.
Assist in the creation and editing of written, video and photo content
This Volunteer should have:
- Knowledge in using Social Media Tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Good copywriting and copy editing skills
- The ability to multitask